Please note that we are no longer breeding Cavachons.
Please see our Available Puppies page for information about current and
planned litters of our Cava-Poo-Chons and other crossbreed puppies.
Cavachon Puppies: What Are They?!
A Timshell Farm Cavachon puppy has a Bichon Frise mother and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel sire.
Ivory and Latte Cavachons!
Our puppies are what we call the Ivory & Latte (two-color coats). The Cavachon puppies take the markings and colors from their sire,
– a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that is a Blenheim.
- Low to no-shedding, non-allergenic coat of the Bichon
- Energy and playful nature of the Bichon
- Sweet, friendly temperament of the Cavalier
- Rich coat colors and variations of the Cavalier with the soft coat of the Bichon
- People-loving personality and high intelligence
- Stronger health than either purebred
About the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (Sire of Cavachon)
General Appearance - The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is an active, graceful, well-balanced toy spaniel, very gay and free in action; fearless and sporting in character, yet at the same time gentle and affectionate.
Size - Height 12 to 13 inches at the withers; weight proportionate to height, between 13 and 18 pounds.
Coat - Of moderate length, silky, free from curl. Slight wave. Feathering on ears, chest, legs and tail should be long, and the feathering on the feet is a feature of the breed.
Color - Blenheim - Rich chestnut markings well broken up on a clear, pearly white ground.
Temperament - Gay, friendly, non-aggressive with no tendency towards nervousness or shyness.
About the Bichon Frise (Mother of Cavachon)
General Appearance - The Bichon Frise is a small, sturdy, white powder puff of a dog whose merry temperament is evidenced by his plumed tail carried jauntily over the back and his dark-eyed inquisitive expression. Dogs and bitches 9½ to 11½ inches are to be given primary preference.
Coat - The undercoat is soft and dense, the outer coat of a coarser and curlier texture. The combination of the two gives a soft but substantial feel to the touch which is similar to plush or velvet and when patted springs back. When bathed and brushed, it stands off the body, creating an overall powder puff appearance.
Color - Color is white, may have shadings of buff, cream or apricot around the ears or on the body.
Temperament - Gentle mannered, sensitive, playful and affectionate. A cheerful attitude is the hallmark of the breed and one should settle for nothing less
Julep – Timshell Farm Cavachon
Your Cavachon Puppy Comes With:
- 2-year health guarantee that covers all genetic illnesses;
- $35 Rebate for Microchipping;
- $75 Rebate for In-Home Obedience Training;
- All immunizations and de-wormings;
- Puppy folder with complete health record and parent pedigrees;
- Socialization with adults, children and other animals; and
- Specialty DVD for training.
Prices & Schedule of Cavachon Litters
|Click Me to see our Puppy Arrival Dates and Prices! →
Click here to see how to reserve a puppy and to find the necessary forms to start the process!
Our Cavachon Puppy Families
Sophie and her pals! (Yes we Cavachons
DO get along with other dogs!)
Choosing a Good Breeder!
Click HERE for a MS Word document that explains what to look out for in a good Cavachon breeder - and some of the pitfalls to avoid!
Click HERE for some good information on puppies, dogs and training.